A company’s most valuable asset is its employees. It is imperative to create a company culture of gratitude toward your team. As we spend time during this season of thankfulness here are a few ways you can show your team appreciation:
- Pay them fairly and competitively. If they are being paid as highly as anyone else in the market, they will know you respect their work.
- Praise them for a job well done. Words of appreciation go a long way and build confidence.
- Write a note of thanks. Use an actual thank you card. This is something the employee can save to read repeatedly as a reminder that you care.
- Give them time off work. Vacations are for disconnecting. Do everything you can to leave them alone while they are gone.
- Bring breakfast or lunch into the office occasionally. Sharing a donut and a cup of coffee with coworkers creates a fun atmosphere and helps to make work more enjoyable.
- Offer them the opportunity of additional employee development training. Investing in them for the future builds both their professional growth and loyalty to your company.
- Acknowledge their efforts in front of other employees. Take a few minutes during staff meetings to offer a “good job” to those that deserve it.
These are simple ways to create a company culture of gratitude. They are great ways to connect with your team, secure loyalty and ensure happiness.
For more employee development, sign up for the Monday Morning Coaching Memo.